A gentle time to acclimatise to your new surroundings
Your first day is a soft landing – it is a gentle time for you to acclimatise and relax. We understand that coming to treatment can be a strange feeling and you may be feeling a bit fragile. To ensure you have a relatively smooth and seamless transition we follow the below plan for your first day.
- Upon arrival you will be greeted at your private luxury villa by your client services liaison and personal chef.
- We will show you around your villa and help you unpack you belongings to get settled.
- Your villa’s private chef will be on hand to prepare delicious snacks and meals when you want them from your nutritionist’s meal plan. This is based on your nutritional requirements, dietary requirements and taste preferences.
- We will schedule a massage session when you feel ready to help you relax and feel a sense of calm in your new environment.
- During the day your doctor will arrive for medical observations, prescription requirements and determine if you need an on-duty nurse to stay with you for a few days during your initial detox recovery.
- The rest of the day is at your leisure. We are always on hand to assist in planning any activities or day trips you would like to do to explore the magnificent island of Bali. We believe that recreation and having fun is an important part of your recovery. This can also include hobbies you may have not enjoyed in a while like surfing, horse riding, yoga, mediation, painting or shopping.
- If you are undergoing a detox we will keep you calm, relaxed and as pain-free as possible. All withdrawal symptoms will be monitored and medication prescribed as required.
I travelled from Los Angeles to Istana Jiwa on the recommendation of a friend and in my mind, it was a leap into the unknown. I was completely unprepared for how cosmopolitan, competent, professional and caring the staff were. From the moment I was met at the airport to the moment I left I felt cared for and understood. This was an utterly life-changing experience, I never thought I would say I loved going to rehabilitation but I actually did.Maggie, LA
For my sins I have been to a few treatment centres around the world, nothing comes close to Istana Jiwa. I went deeper and achieved more in therapy than I have ever gone before, I made peace with meditation and yoga - both things I have resisted in the past and both I now practise in daily life. I feel transformed, thank you.Rob, London
I went to Istana Jiwa to reset my mind and change the way I was living. Stress had got the better of me, I was partying too hard and I was close to blowing up my career and losing my family. Amazingly I found some like minded souls in the Istana Jiwa team, people who had lived my life in the corporate arena, who understood me and helped me recalibrate my life. I now feel better than ever before, and I even gave up smoking there!Simon, HK
I started with Istana Jiwa in pretty ordinary shape; marriage had collapsed and I was self medicating with anything I could find to suppress the deep sense of despair and depression. The program transformed me – physically and emotionally. I spent 60 days in the program working on finding myself and I left feeling genuine hope and a real fortitude to tackle life again.L, Melbourne